- Roll: Intelligence + (Alchemy knowledge or Herbalism or Science) vs (3 + level)
- 3+ successes gives full strength, 1-2 successes gives reduced strength
- Modifiers: -1 difficulty for rituals that have been mastered (we interpret this as "paid the ritual's freebie or XP cost or took it as a starting ritual")
- Cost is same as usual for rituals, overriding Sorc Rev 65
- You can cast an Alchemy ritual without purchasing it, you just don't get this modifier
- Duration of casting: 1 day per level of the ritual; if your Alchemy level exceeds the ritual level, reduce duration by a number of days equal to the difference (minimum of an hour or so)
- Additional -1 day if ritual is mastered
- '+rules magical items' does not apply (because the items are single-use)
- Duration of effect: Varies, but normally one scene
- Rituals: See below
Instead of aspects, this Path gives access to certain types of rituals at each level.
Emulating the powers of other supernaturals:
- We interpret that level 3 Alchemy rituals can emulate level 1 powers, 4 can emulate 2, 5 can emulate 3 (as in canon), 6 can emulate 4.
- Requires sufficient Lore for the relevant type of supernatural.
- Cannot emulate mage powers, they're too broad and often require the mage to get multiple successes.
Note that using a magical item does trigger Awareness checks. For this purpose, the item's level is 2 less than the level of the Alchemy ritual that created it (minimum 1).
For items documented using +equip, you should do '+equip/use' when using them.
||The alchemist can create compounds and substances that are simply more advanced and potent versions of chemicals that already exist. These compounds don't appear magical in any way. Painkillers, soporifics, poisons and glues are common examples.
- Item inducing sleep (Stamina vs 8 or spend Willpower to resist, less effective against vampires).
- Item neutralizing cold/flu symptoms for a day and speeding up recovery.
||More advanced versions of what is available already with one dot. Some of these substances might allow the imbiber to exceed his normal physical limits or to gain access to more mystical senses, in dreams or hallucinations. You can raise one attribute by one dot (up to the normal maximum of five dots) for up to a scene.
- Item giving prophetic visions.
- Item doubling running speed (Stamina vs 6 to avoid weakness afterward).
||You can make substances that enhance their target to superhuman levels or create materials that exceed normal limitations (supernaturally strong alloys, etc.). Some of these substances can temporarily invest their imbiber with some low-level psychic ability for a limited period of time (no more than one hour or so).
- Metal better than titanium (makes better armor/weapons).
- Item revealing disguised/invisible things and illusions.
||You can create substances that will enhance Attributes by up to two dots for a scene (one dot if affecting multiple Attributes), even beyond normal human maximums, or minor items with some potent effect.
- Item raising physical attributes for (Stamina + 3) hours (induces severe hunger).
- Item slowing aging by a factor of 12 (catches up if you stop the treatments).
||With this level of knowledge, you can duplicate the powers of supernatural creatures, including Gifts, Disciplines and other abilities of up to the third level. You can also duplicate the innate powers of those creatures (the powers of the fae, wraiths and the imbued cannot be duplicated). These potions will normally reuqire some sample from the being in question (Vitae, powdered dragon fang, hair from a werewolf, etc.) or extended close up and personal study of the subject (this is usually only appropriate for students of Advanced Chemistry and may still require tissue samples). Such concoctions often have nasty side effects as well (the more powerful the Gift or Discipline, the more pronounced the side effects).
- Item preventing werewolves from approaching within 10 feet.
- Item emulating vampiric power (extra actions/Strength/soak equivalent to Celerity 1 Potence 1 Fortitude 1 for a scene, also unnaturally high temper and thirst for blood).
||The pinnacle of alchemical tradition; transmutation of materials from one form to another, immortality regimens, the Philosopher's Stone. In theory an alchemist of this level might even be able to concoct a potion that causes Awakening, transformation into a vampire, mummification or true immortality. (Gives '+rules free lunch' discount for Unaging or Immortal merit.)