- Chicago : Briarlee was born and raised in Chicago, and only moved out of the city in February of 2018. She attended Francis W. Parker School for High School, and then got her Bachelors and Masters at the University of Chicago. If you are from Chicago, perhaps you knew her or her family.
- Arcanum : Her father, Douglas Howser, is an esteemed member of the Arcanum in Chicago. He runs the city Chapterhouse, and is a fairly powerful Thaumaturge on top of being a master of supernatural lore. Briarlee practically grew up in the Chapterhouse, and passed more then a few nights of her childhood drawing while the members discussed magic or the supernatural around her. She was a Journeyman in the organization by twenty. After her 'incident' she withdrew from the Arcanum and left...for obvious reasons.
- Lore : She knows a lot about other supernatural creatures, and is always looking to learn more.
- Sight : Perhaps due to her father's magical tinkering, she was born different. She could see spirits, fair folk, the dead and other things from the time she was a baby and on. She honestly thought it was normal until later on.
- Gender : Briarlee is transgendered. Yes, this means she is physically not entirely female. She didn't always look as good as she does now, but a pact with a Demon reshaped much of her body, giving her the form many other people like her wish they could have. She doesn't bring it up randomly, and she doesn't make an enormous deal out of it, but it is part of who she is.
- Awkward : Add glasses, hasty ponytails or buns, and more casual clothing to hose pictures, and you have Briar. She is socially awkward and shy, unless she gets to know a person.
- Malefactor : She is Mummu, or a Demon of the Forge. She doesn't have a ton of memories of her Demon side, however, due to numerous body-jumps before getting to Briar.
- Faustian : She is a Faustian, but a 'good' one. She believes heavily in aiding mankind, and improving the world around her. She also believes in using the Faith of Mankind to burn down the gates of Heaven and kill the Creator. She just works to help people in the process...
- Artist : Painting and sculpting, mainly. She is an artist, and spends a lot of time working on such.
- Wafflemania : She makes her meager living as a waitress at Wafflemania! Come say hi!
Folks Who Are Gone