Constance (Connie) 'Sister Sraosha' Osti'
|| Middle Eastern and Italian
|| Charity Worker/Nun/Teacher
|| 5 something
| Lore: Vampire
| Religious Scripture
| Blush of Health
| Calm Heart
| Eat Food
| Inoffensive to Animals
| Known Languages
||Akkadian, Arabic, Aramaic, Cantonese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Mandarin, Old Avestan, Russian, Sanskrit, Spanish, Sumerian
The Color of Connie's eyes
Dates are by OOC posting. Newest first.
“He who sows the ground with care and diligence acquires a greater stock of religious merit than he could gain by the repetition of ten thousand prayers” - Zoroaster
“Be good, be kind, be humane, and charitable; love your fellows; console the afflicted; pardon those who have done you wrong.” - Zoroaster
Faith is a living and unshakable confidence. a belief in God so assured that a man would die a thousand deaths for its sake. - Martin Luther
I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong. - John Lennon
Transister - Flow
Loreena McKennitt - Dante's Prayer
Hildegard Von Bingen - Vision
What if God Was One of Us - Joan Osborn
New order - True Faith
Mr. Mister - Kyrie
Under the Gun - Sisters of Mercy
Lullaby - Loreena McKennett
- How many goodly creatures are there here!
- How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
- That has such people in't!
- If I stoop
- Into a dark tremendous sea of cloud,
- It is but for a time. I press God's lamp
- Close to my breast; its splendour, soon or late,
- Will pierce the gloom. I shall emerge one day.
- You understand me? I have said enough?
- At times I almost dream
- I too have spent a life the sages' way,
- And tread once more familiar paths. Perchance
- I perished in an arrogant self-reliance
- Ages ago; and in that act a prayer
- For one more chance went up so earnest, so
- Instinct with better light let in by death,
- That life was blotted out -- not so completely
- But scattered wrecks enough of it remain,
- Dim memories, as now, when once more seems
- The goal in sight again...
- For men begin to pass their natures bound,
- find new hopes and cares which fast supplant
- Their proper joys and griefs; they grow too great
- For narrow creeds of right and wrong which fade
- Before the unmeasured thirst for good.
- Ay, that I had not done a thousand more.
- Even now I curse the day--and yet, I think,
- Few come within the compass of my curse,--
- Wherein I did not some notorious ill,
- As kill a man, or else devise his death,
- Ravish a maid, or plot the way to do it,
- Accuse some innocent and forswear myself,
- Set deadly enmity between two friends,
- Make poor men's cattle break their necks;
- Set fire on barns and hay-stacks in the night,
- And bid the owners quench them with their tears.
- Oft have I digg'd up dead men from their graves,
- And set them upright at their dear friends' doors,
- Even when their sorrows almost were forgot;
- And on their skins, as on the bark of trees,
- Have with my knife carved in Roman letters,
- 'Let not your sorrow die, though I am dead.'
- Tut, I have done a thousand dreadful things
- As willingly as one would kill a fly,
- And nothing grieves me heartily indeed
- But that I cannot do ten thousand more.
- Who can be wise, amazed, temperate and furious,
- Loyal and neutral, in a moment? No man:
- And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
- There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
- Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. But come;
- Here, as before, never, so help you mercy,
- How strange or odd soe'er I bear myself,
- As I perchance hereafter shall think meet
- To put an antic disposition on,
- That you, at such times seeing me, never shall,
- With arms encumber'd thus, or this headshake,
- Or by pronouncing of some doubtful phrase,
- As 'Well, well, we know,' or 'We could, an if we would,'
- Or 'If we list to speak,' or 'There be, an if they might,'
- Or such ambiguous giving out, to note
- That you know aught of me: this not to do,
- So grace and mercy at your most need help you, Swear.
| RP HOOKS
|| She's got it, a lot of it.
|| She runs a Mission and she'll help you out.
|| Medical, Education, Food, a little money..
|| Education, philosophy, theology. She knows it and will teach it.
|| Easy Pickings perchance?
|| She runs the Hands of Hope Mission Downtown.
- JD When times become hard, we do what we must. You are so interesting but I think we are too different.
- Jax Helpful, very, but I dislike paying you back at a later date. Even if it is tax deductible. Oh Dear...Mister Xander.. :<
- Madeline So sweet, maybe a similar soul, maybe. I want to believe. But I cannot. I have seen to much. But you are an ingenious woman. You will find a way.
- Thomas_Ilin You talk to me like so many others wont. You seem to understand..well..sort of. You seem confused, lost...and you're not...Gone."I see the sinners suffering I hear them screaming and I watch them burn and die"
- Lucius - Do not let it eat the seed of good in you. Do not let pain make you forget what you are and the blessings you have been given. Gone.
- Saburo - Life unfolds only in moments. Your happiness is determined by how you choose to live those moments; not which can or cannot happen. May your path lead you to greater things than you believe.
- Vegard - An unexpected reminder that we are not always as alone as we seem. I'm glad we're talking again, I have a strange suspicion though..
- Silvana - I pray for you nightly.
- Cedric - When we first met you said you wished nothing at all to do with me. But that's changed now that you see potential. The question is, what is it you think you see?
My rock when I am alone.
My healer. My Guardian.