* Innocent - Maybe it's his awkwardness or his shyness. Maybe it's his crappy style or the huge glasses. Either way, something about the man screams 'innocent'. It's hard to imagine he's ever hurt anyone in his life. Hell, it's hard to imagine he's ever really done much of worth in his life. (Innocent Merit)
* Orphan - He Awakened a few months ago, and he's still trying to learn the ropes. He has no idea there are others like him out there.
* Detroit - He was born and raised in some of the worse areas of Detroit. Life has always been hard, and he's lived the life of the victim for most of his life. That all changed about five years ago, of course.
* Accountant - The man is an accountant, and not a shady one at that. He's a simple, run of the mill number cruncher. It's a boring, banal job, but somebody has to do it.
* Vampires - His wife, Maureen, and his daughter, Elisabeth, were murdered by Vampires five years ago. It was the breaking point for Ernest. It's when he began training. It's when he began hunting. In the last five years he's killed several vampires, and it was a near-death experience with one of his hunts that caused his Awakening a few months back.
* Alone - He's a widower, and he has no real friends. He moved to Prospect to get away from the vampires hunting -him-, hoping to start over and try and figure out just what is happening to him.
* Good Man - When it comes down to it, he is a simple, good man stranded in desperate, dark times.