I don't give a damn
'Bout my reputation
I've never been afraid of any deviation
An' I don't really care
If ya think I'm strange
I ain't gonna change
An' I'm never gonna care
'Bout my bad reputation
"Bad Reputation" - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
"It's clear to me. This guy's a true monster. His abilities have nothing to do with it, either. No matter how much force you hold him down with, no matter what kind of cage you shut him up in, forcing this guy's will into submission is something nobody can do." - Captain Levi, referencing protagonist Eren Yaeger, "Attack On Titan"
"I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you."
“I have the best job in the world. If I’m unhappy, it’s a failure of imagination.”
"To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living."
“People confuse me. Food doesn't.”
“I don’t have an agenda, but I do have a point of view, and it might change from minute to minute.”
"I'm not afraid to look like an idiot."
"Don't lie about it. You made a mistake. Admit it and move on. Just don't do it again. Ever."- Anthony Bourdain, 1956-2018
Food: If it's a hangout that serves food and/or booze, he's probably been there already. If it's at all good, he'll certainly go again.No seriously, I'm having a hard time coming up with Hooks that aren't just about food.
- University Of Prospect: Just a Culinary Management major, hurrying to and from classes.
- Twisted Toppings: All college students like pizza, right? Have you SEEN the toppings bar??
- Off The Record: The favored spot for coffee, even if Prospect Roasters is on the edge of UCP.
- Rhapsody: First job was as Kitchen Manager post re-opening, still heavily involved with that kitchen. The club grub IS something else!
- Steamed And Hammered: Currently the General Manager and proud of it, working on making the place popular again. Lives with his girlfriend in the loft apartment upstairs.
- Prospect New Hope MMA: Hits the gym roughly four times a week! Has personally worn through at least one rental of the martial-arts padding that's available; the trainers have started refusing to work with him, citing the place's insurance liability.
- Pendragon's Dance: Swordsmanship lessons. An antiquated skill, but still useful.
- Wafflemania: In short, "All You Care To Eat Pancakes" is hard to find elsewhere in the city. But he tips well.
- Balance: You kept me on the right path since I landed, big bro. Everything I'm grateful for is because you believed the best of me. Eventually, I believed it, too. So I definitely have your back.
- Chastity: Wow. Just keep putting up with me, there is nothing I wouldn't do for you. Nothing.
- Ambrosine: Congratulations, you get to be #1 on the hit parade. That's a good thing.
- Locke: Man, but it is good to have someone around that empathizes. Us, empathize? I know!
- Simone: Somebody tell Middle School Me he's going to meet a pop star. And one of the crazy-nice-in-person ones! Would you believe she was instrumental in my going back to Culinary classes?
- Larry: Nice fellow. Tends to take everything in stride.
- Erin: And here I thought I knew you.
- Lee: You know, there is such a thing as too much enthusiasm. Lucky you, it's for the right topics.
- Harper: Fool me once, shame on me. I'm not too big on shame these days. Done with disguising who and what I am.
- Mitchell: Alright. Way to get stuff done behind the lines.
- Caerwyn: I'm just glad I get a chance on the front lines, too.
- Nicky: Your second impression only made your first one that much cooler. Damn, man. I are impressed.
- Sterling: I doubt you will get a second chance at that first impression. Good luck.
- Blaze: Since I have apologized for my initial behavior, now we really gotta talk.
- Carolyn: Another cool Old Guard member, and so far the only person who will spar with me.
- Keira: I thought I had you figured out. I was SO wrong, and now I'm not sure what to think.
- Cash: Wait, did that just happen? Seriously?
Determinator The fastest way to get Ethan to do anything is to underestimate him.
Good Is Not Soft Mistake kindness for weakness even once and you'll regret it.
Dark Is Not Evil But don't get the other impression, either.
Chef Of Iron Despite the glaring metallic inconsistency, Ethan is a Supreme Chef.
Extreme Omnivore By virtue of necessity. Good food is the best (see above) but anything will do.
More Teeth Than The Osmond Family Type #1. But only if you're fae, enchanted, or sighted; otherwise they're just vaguely pointed, like a mouthful of canines.
Always Chaotic Evil INVERTED! He's just not. That occasionally happens, you know.
Monster Knight Lacking the title (or Title) but going through the heroic motions.
Black And Gray Morality Makes the above a whole lot easier and lot more realistic, honestly.
Big Little Brother Balance is his closest friend but does serve as the elder brother; this Trope is just one facet of the dichotomy between the two, regardless of their camaraderie. Overall they wind up being very "Red Oni, Blue Oni" in temperament, respectively.
Violently Protective Girlfriend Not that Ethan needs much more in the way of defense, but you've met Chastity, right? Like he's ever going to stop her from doing anything she puts her mind to.
Asskicking Equals Authority Locke, whom he spent about four months solid hearing about the guy in absentia from just about every single other person he was introduced to. And all good things, too! There may be a touch of hero worship going on there, but Ethan takes to heart most everything the guy says. Now that they've actually met, of course.Clueless Chick Magnet Although extremely happy in his current relationship and not on the lookout, Ethan has the odd tendency to meet women that introduce themselves with "Hi, I have a boyfriend" and he has no idea why. OR they put forth their own 'currently single' status before so much as their name. Same thing with the girls (that he's since lost count of) at the gym that up and talk to him in the middle of exercising. They're in street clothes, and he's trying to work out here, people! Can't a guy catch a break?