From City of Hope
This is a basic run down for what the levels of Lore Garou do. This is unofficial, but still a pretty good guide.
Garou Lore 1
- Basic understanding of the necessities (Gnosis) and the banes (Silver) of a Garou's existence
- Power comes from Gnosis and depends on Rank
- Elders are given Submission due to their Rank as they have earned it
- Rough knowledge of those Tribes they most commonly encounter;
- Know many common Garou specific terms.
- Have basic knowledge of the Litany
Garou Lore 2
- Can give short descriptions (equal to the descriptions in Laws of the Wyld) for the Tribes .
- Has heard of the Silver Record and what it is
- Has Knowledge of the Litany and what each tenant means.
- May have heard vague rumors about something called the Apocalypse
- Has heard rumors of the War of Rage
Garou Lore 3
- Has a basic understanding of the Gifts of the Tribes listed in Laws of the Wyld.
- Can identify which Tribes naturally possess these Gifts
- Has a rough knowledge of major events in Garou History,
- Can recognize names of many major Garou currently active and make a guess as to what Sept they live in;
- Knows many of the old terms and their meanings;
- Can name a couple of the Legendary Garou;
- Knows a couple Stories from the Silver Record
Garou Lore 4
- Knowledge of a few of the Elder Gifts --think general description not detailed write-ups.
- Knows a lot of the stories from the Silver record.
- Knows the names and stories of the Legendary Garou
- Knows much of Garou History
- Knows some things about the three fallen Tribes
Garou Lore 5
- Detailed knowledge of Garou history
- Knows the Silver Record by Heart
- Knows the details of the three fallen Tribes
- Detailed Knowledge of the Apocalypse and can see the signs in day to day life and Garou Politics