Aspects (only applies to sorcery)
- 1 success lets you reach each aspect at the 1-dot level.
- Exception: Weather Control requires 4 successes to reach each aspect (intensity, speed, duration, scale) at the 1-dot level.
- Each additional success lets you reach 1 aspect at 1 dot higher.
- You can't reach any aspect at a level higher than your dots in the path.
- Exception: You can reach one aspect at one level higher than your path, but this requires twice as many successes as the same effect with that aspect equal to your path. Also, you cannot reach level 6 this way.
- Blood Magic is a flaw, not a merit. (Obvious White Wolf edit fail.)
- Path Natural merit: Round down, not up. (Compare Sphere Natural, MtA 297)
- Path Inept merit: Round up, not down. (Compare Sphere Inept, MtA 300)
- Clear Sighted merit (pre-Revised):
- 3 dot version only works if the target consents (+policy hand waving).
- 5 dot version can also be used if you have reason to be suspicious (+rules sniping). This is an active effort, so you can spend Willpower for an auto-success.
- Twin Link merit: 6 dot version gives you Synergy 2 using up only 1 of your baseline dots, additional dots cost 3 freebies or 7 XP each. (Canon is 7 freebies / 3 XP but this is assumed to be a thinko)
- Sorcerer/psychic ghouls are allowed, but not straight out of chargen, and each numina is capped at (8 - Domitor background). See also '+rules multiclass'.
- Techno-sorcerers may substitute Science or Technology for Occult in numina rolls. (generalized from Sorc Rev 60 "Rolls")
- Lucid Dreaming and Dreamcraft are the same thing, and use the easier game mechanics from WoD: Sorcerer page 58.
- Numina at 6: Subrace:Sorcerer-Psychic only. Only one numina per PC (you can have others at 5 or lower). Limited at staff discretion.
- Anti-Psychic: May still purchase sorcery. Affects all non-psychic mental powers (e.g. Fascination, Dominate, but not Hellfire), limit +1 diff (same as Mind sphere).
- Mana Manipulation 4 to store extra Mana: Immediately before meditation, cast MM4 to reset your cap to (Mana background + MM4 successes), replacing any previous casting.
Reduced difficulties and such
- Difficulties are reduced to (3 + level of effect).
- Time is reduced to 1 turn per 2 levels of effect.
- Spending Willpower is not required for sorcerer paths and quick casting.
- Hanging effects only increase the difficulty of social/mental attributes when they're included in another magic effect's pool, not for mundane actions. (Psychic powers cannot be hung, but do become more difficult due to hanging effects when otherwise relevant.)
- We don't do custom rituals, except for paths like Enchantment / Alchemy where that's the entire path.
- Free starting rituals:
- Cannot include counterspells or unweaving, only path rituals.
- If a path doesn't have any rituals at a given level, then you can skip that level.
- Fire's Weal (Hellfire 2 ritual): 2 successes is sufficient, each additional success = -1 difficulty.
- Shape Mana (Mana Manipulation 3 ritual) with 5+ successes can convert one type of Ward or Warding Circle to another, provided the sorcerer has relevant Lore for both creature types greater than or equal to the ward levels.
- Example: Ward vs Simple Spirit (level 1 S/B/W ritual) to Ward vs Ghosts (level 2 S/B/W ritual) requires Lore Spirit 1+ and Lore Wraith 2+
Sorcerers vs. psychics
- We consider sorcerers and psychics to be the same thing.
- Sorcerers may purchase psychic powers.
- Psychics may purchase sorcerer powers.
- Mana may not be used to lower the difficulty of psychic powers.
- House rule: Possessed may purchase numina, but may not use Mana or anything else to lower its difficulty.
- Others with sorcery (Bastet, Kitsune) may not purchase psychic powers, and may not use Mana or Gnosis or anything else to lower the difficulty of sorcery.