"There are things known and things unknown and in between are the doors."
[ edit ]
- Santa Monica - Jules grew up on the beaches of Santa Monica. His parents ran a surf shop/burger joint right on the beach, and he worked at it growing up. The SoCal mentality helped shape Jules into who he is today.
- Mentality - Jules is a Joybringer, which is a faction of the Cult of Ecstasy. He believes in making the world a better place, and he does that by gently guiding other people into being more carefree and socially conscious. He helps people as much as he can, either by throwing parties, or simply lending a buck or buying them lunch, or offering an ear. Whatever he can.
- CoX - He is a member of the Cult of Ecstasy. He believes in pushing personal boundaries to open perception and peel away the false layers of reality. He does this through pleasure, dancing, alcohol, meditation, exercise, exhaustion, and similar. He does drugs, but never hard drugs.
- College - He lives in the dorms at Prospect University, and is a new student.
[ edit ]
The Code of Ananda is a set of guidelines written for the Cult of Ecstasy by Sh'zar, the Cult's founding organizer. Ananda is a Sanskrit word which means "bliss". Though Sh'zar was born in Persia, the use of the Sanskrit word ananda clearly shows the prominence of Hindu thinking in Sh'zar's mind, specifically from the Sahajiya school of thought. Indeed, the earliest used title for a member of the magical Tradition which would eventually be renamed as the Cult of Ecstasy is the Sanskrit word Sahajiya, which the Ecstatics translate as "follower of [passionate] nature". This Code first appears in the Tradition Book, and is a subject of much controversy, even among the Cult.
- Thou art miraculous:So are we all.
- He who spits on his good right hand shall find the left one fails him in need.
- Each gold coin yields two like it; each stalk given creates a bundle. Yet, each coin taken turns the rest to dross, and one bundle gone creates a famine. Thus shall a Seer count his deeds.
- Some minds rest best asleep. Stir not those who would not waken otherwise.
- Truths foreseen are not always truths.
- If a man (or a woman) would rend anothers passions, let him be as one torn by wild dogs. For passions are the seat of the Self, and if they bleed, so too does the soul.
- Let each Seer account his own deeds and if those deeds should want for wisdom or kindness, let him be put forth to weep alone.
- Humor cooleth blood: Wrath spillith it.
- Even trees rent by lightning may grow new fruit.
- A fool feels no fear; a Sleeper remains shackled by it; a Master transcends it, yet recalls its wisdom. It is good to be afraid: It is folly to bow to terror.
[ edit ]
| Open your eyes. When the doors of perception are opened the world will appear as it truly is: infinite. By pushing your own personal boundaries further and further out, you open more and more doors of perception. Time is an illusion. Self is an illusion. Pain is an illusion. Pleasure is an illusion. Push each to their limit so you can see how they are not really a thing.
Open the eyes others in a positive way, by bringing them peace and joy and pleasure, but never push a drug or door opening on them if they are not willing. Do not drag people into enlightenment, but gently guide them. By breaking down barriers you allow yourself to do more things, from sensing things you normally couldn't, to breaking the illusions of reality and literally changing reality.
Ascension is reache by opening that final door and seeing and experiencing all things. He has no idea how to actually go about this, though.
General Foci: Adrenaline, Art, Body Modification, Ordeals, Dance, Alcohol, Incense, Meditation, Music, Sensuality/Sexuality, Technology, Exhaustion, Pleasure, Pain, Drugs
Specialty Foci: (-1 difficulty)
[ edit ]