In order to understand, I destroyed myself.
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
– Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
At just over six feet tall, Kurt presents well with his straight posture and comely smile. The stylish sweep of his chestnut brown hair starts at the top of his skull, the rest kept closely shorn to his head. He is broad of shoulder and narrow in the waist, one of those unfortunately fit people who require tailor made clothing. His features are regally feral and charmingly rugged, with a slightly pronounced brow ridge, high cheek bones and a wide, squared jawline hidden beneath a perfectly kempt beard. Steely eyes of pale brown watch the world with attentive curiosity, always looking for the next angle or opening. A tattooed neck leads to well defined shoulders and arms. Proportionate.
Kurt favors comfort and style when he dresses and today is no expection, a bespoke suit of blue with a subtle silvered pattern highlights all the right angles of his frame. The button up shirt beneath is solid white, the tie navy, tacked with a solid black opal in the middle. Replete with pocket square matching the tie, the man looks prepared to take over anyone's company for the right price.
- Lawyer: One of those slick fuckers with a smooth tone and an even keel. Every one makes jokes about killing them until they need one.
- Texas: Kurt grew up in the Lone Star State and in fact changed there.
- Preacher: Like his father before him, Kurt preached the Good Word at Revival Tents for a few years before disappearing off the map.
- Devilish Voice: His tongue is golden, his smile is black velvet, but his voice can make people do things.
- Tattoos: All of them, from his neck to his hands and ankles. He is always looking for more.
- Garou: A shifter, though he turned his back on Gaia.
- Metis: Funny how the Righteous always end up being the biggest Sinners. Born of two pure bred wolves.
- Philodox: He was witnessed under the half moon, shown that justice is blind, now he fills his roll as Judge and jury.
- Black Spiral Dancer: He has danced down the spiral, accepted Mahsstrac.
- Rituals: One of the key points of Kurt's value is his eagerness to learn, he is currently seeking to broaden his knowledge of Spirits, Rites and the like.
- Pure Breed: A direct descendant of the woad wearing Picts, he does his ancestors proud.
A Ragtag Band
- Eris - A puzzle wrapped in a dozen masks. The glimpses through the cracks are the most rewarding. Always there when needed. Hates the mirror the most. Omega?
- Russ - The Devil's cruelty given physical form. Older brother figure which means he's who to watch and who has to watch out. Source of tension and awkward bro-ments. Alpha?
- Hamish - Strangely endearing without meaning to be, clearly a survival mechanism at work. More cunning than anyone gives him credit for. Partner in Dirty Deeds.
- Marcus - Kinfolk, and intelligent, also few morals. Someone with whom to plot and keep in line.
- Selena - Something else, not Garou, but entirely useful. Eager and practiced, she is both conduit and instrument for the schemer.
- Wormwood - Must you pretend to walk around on two legs? We all know you belong on all four.
| Full Name:
|| Kurt Theodore Amsel
| Date of Birth:
|| July 4th, 1980
| Apparent Age:
|| Early thirties
|| Document Lawyer
Ability Aptitude: Empathy
Rite of Binding
Rite of Cleansing
God's Away on Business - Tom Waits
- I'd sell your heart to the junkman baby
- For a buck, for a buck
- If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch
- You're out of luck, you're out of luck
- The ship is sinking, the ship is sinking, the ship is sinking
- There's a leak, there's a leak, in the boiler room
- The poor, the lame, the blind
- Who are the ones that we kept in charge?
- Killers, thieves, and lawyers
- God's away, God's away
- God's away on Business, Business.
Schism - Tool
- I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them tumble down
- No fault, none to blame, it doesn't mean I don't desire to
- Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over.
- To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication.
- The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
- And the circling is worth it.
- Finding beauty in the dissonance.
The Remedy - Puscifer
- Yes, we’re being condescending
- Yes, that means were talking down to you
- With all that racket from your lips a-flapping
- We assumed you didn't notice
- Haters, isolators, no one misses these
- Bitches receive stitches
- Trolls receive 86’s
- You speak like someone who has never been
- Smacked in the fucking mouth
- That’s OK, we have the remedy
- You speak like someone who has never been
- Knocked the fuck on out
- But we have your remedy