- North Dakota : Sammy was born and raised in the little town of Cutter's Creek, in North Dakota. His father ran a local general store and camping supply place, and he had a very, very normal childhood. Too normal, really. He attended the local schools and did well, and he ended up working at the same store with his father, eventually taking over. He lived there until he was twenty four.
- Widowed : He married his childhood sweetheart, Rebecca, and they had a pair of twin daughters, Alexis and Hailey. They married when they were nineteen, and were actually very happy. One night in 2004, however, his wife and kids were driving a few towns over to visit one of their family members. Sammy was working late at the store and planned to join them the next day. A terrible storm hit, however, and it ran Rebecca, Alexis and Hailey off of the road. When the wreckage was found the next day it became clear that they had left the car, and then found dead a mile into the woods. It looked as if they had been mauled by animals. It destroyed Sammy.
- On The Road : Sammy spent six months drinking his sorrows away, until he reached such a low point that his mind ascended, and he Awakened. He had no idea what was happening, and he sold his store and home and most of his belongings. He used the money to begin his first trip around the world. It was in this journey that he really found himself again. He found humanity, and himself, while on the road. He has spent time in many, many, many countries, and has even spent a longer period of time living in some.
- Fame : While he was on the road he began writing his thoughts out. These thoughts turned into real writings, and he showed them to one of his American friends in Paris. It turns out they were really good, and they managed to sell it as a book to a major firm. Since then he has publiushed four books, and even had a short-lived show on the Travel Channel. His books combine an analogue of his various journeys, while using his experiences to discuss how to help people connect, or overcome grief or PTSD, or simply make a person better. He is VERY popular in the right circles, and totally unknown in others.
- Kinain : He is Kinain, specifically of the Satyrs. He didn't grow up around any Changelings, however, so other then weird visions of Chimera now and again (Usually chalked up to stress or something), he had no idea. Once he left his small hometown, however, he discovered what he was. Since then he has become fascinated by Fae culture, and works to help the Changelings when he can.
- Ecstatic : He is a Cultist of Ecstasy. He bucks some of the stereotypes, however, while keeping strongly to others. For instance, the only drugs he really partakes of are marijuana (But only sometimes), and alcohol (Much more often). He is VERY careful that these Foci do not become crutches, however, like they do for many of his kind. He belongs to the Fellowship of Pan, which worship Dionysus, so when he lets loose he REALLY lets loose. Blackout drunk loose. This is only under controlled circumstances, however. He is friendly and empathetic, and firmly believes in the good of mankind by helping them relax a bit and fully let go of the harsh things, and embrace the joyful. He is not a Joybringer, though, and he fully understands mankind has both the potential for love and violence within them. Like other members of the Fellowship, though, he believes people leanin towards love...and just need to be nudged.
- Gwydion - He welcomed me into the city in the basement of a coffee shop. He seems like a nice enough guy, even if he didn't provide me with all that much info. Maybe there just isn't that much to know about the local Supernatural situation?
- Amberlee - Another one of the Kinain. She seems like she would be REALLY bad for me, and yet, what is life without risk, right? Plus, she seems fun...and I need some fun after Tibet.
- Locke - I really dig his tavern. Also, he didn't try to maim or eat me, so he's already better then some of the other 'Caps I've met!
Folks Who Are Gone