| "Quiet girl, melancholic, but super driven. Always volunteered for all the extra shifts, always worked late. Really wanted to make a difference. I was worried about her, to be honest, as she was pushing herself too hard. Then one month, she barely said a word, and she was so tired sometimes she could barely stand up - I was going to say something to management, get her hours cut or something, but suddenly she seemed to snap out of it on her own. There still aren't many here who do more, at least in time, but she seems a bit chattier at least, and a bit tougher. Had a bad car accident last week, a young man died at the scene - she was sad, spent all the time at the scene comforting him in his last moments, but 'We did all we could - he's in a better place, now', and on to the next case. She started wearing a cross or a crucifix or something under her jacket too I noticed. I guess she must've found God. Whatever works, eh?"
- Chris, senior paramedic at Prospect Memorial Hospital
“Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.”
― John Milton, Paradise Lost
Drop your still dews of quietness,
till all our strivings cease;
take from our souls the strain and stress,
and let our ordered lives confess
the beauty of your peace,
the beauty of your peace.
[ edit ]
- Andrea: My best friend, but one in such a different world to me.
- Justin: I cared for you so much, but I suspect it was me who drove you away.
- Eric: Have fun, but it's not really my scene.
- Kumo: I wish I had your job, so much better than mine!
- Jackyl: Cool old theatre, bit rough though!
- Nathaniel: Cold as ice, but gave me good advice. Not sure he does the friendship thing, though.
- Wormwood: Scary looking work colleague, but less scary when you talk to him.
- Rinaldo: First wraith I meet and it's some obviously dishonest asshole with a poor sick sister who he won't even tell me the address of. So much for helping wraiths.
- Sylvia : Some of us really are better off in the Pit.
- Nicky : Thoughtful, intelligent, compassionate.
- Esme : We don't see eye to eye, but I feel a lot better after a debate. Better than bottling it up.
- Madrigal : It turned out she was too good to be entirely true. But I care about her anyway. Thanks for teaching me what the Creator must think of me.
- Azrael : Not sure why he has the name of my former boss. He's nothing like him! But anyway. Wow. Charming! (My former boss was not).
- Mitzi : I have a therapist now. This will be interesting...
[ edit ]
- Tabitha is an EMT. Anybody in need of emergency services might bump into her - not just patients, but other first responders or witnesses as well.
- She's almost as at home in the Shadowlands as the Skinlands, and she tries to help wraiths out, if any wraiths need a contact in the lands of the Quick.
- For that matter a medium might be a bit bemused by a 'ghostly' paramedic wandering around in the shadowlands who looks a bit different to the usual wraith.
- Tabitha's Torment is mostly directed at herself - she hates herself, what she has done, and what she has become, and redemption - of her, and of all Creation - is all she really cares about. She'd love to meet some other religious types who would give her some hope that what she wants is possible. Open minded priests with a good ear, for example. Or for that matter, psychologists, counsellors, friendly mediums...
- If someone is looking for a very hands off demon to do business with, she's looking for thralls.
- Sometimes mortals just need putting down. If you're looking for someone to give some Nazi's stealing the Ark a painless death, she might just oblige.
- Coffee is Life. She can potentially be found anywhere the holy bean is.
[ edit ]
- Classical Anti Hero - The only thing heroic here, is in the heart.
- Fallen Angel - well, duh
- Sympathy for the Devil - She is quite mild mannered for something damned to Hell for eternity
- Being Evil Sucks - No more rebelling for her
- Forgiveness- To err is angelic, to forgive, divine. Hopefully.
- Good Feels Good - Doing good helps her forget her Torment
- Happiness in Slavery - Old Testament God isn't very nice, but she was never happy since she rebelled
- Humans are Special - Mini-gods, made in his image!
- Well Intentioned Extremist - Death is a release, not something to be afraid of! Embrace it.
- Ye Goode Olde Days - Things were just peachy before the Fall. Right?
- You are not alone - When all around is darkness, let me cheer you up
- Dying Alone - Not if I can help it!
- Stay With Me Until I Die - Let me show you the way
- Don't Fear the Reaper - I'm here to help, really.
- Pals with Jesus - Lets hang out!
- Psychopomp - What she believes she is here to do, in her own small way
- Liminal Being - Hangs out in the lands of the Dead as much as she does the lands of the living
- Fluffy Cloud Heaven - She somehow manages to still be quite hopelessly naive on this subject. Dreamers gotta dream.
- Broken Angel - She's not what she once was.
- Misery Builds Character - Has a tendency to self flagellate a bit
- Wangst - Hopefully not this, actually
- Beware the Nice Ones - In the unlikely event something makes her flip out
- The Mirror Shows Your True Self - In her case, it really does.
- No Social Skills - Not an extreme example, but sometimes.
- The Atoner - Definitely this
- Loners are Freaks - So alone...
- Redemption Equals Death - Let me go back to heaven :(
[ edit ]
[ edit ]
- Atavistic Form
- Upon their return to the mortal world, the fallen have discovered that many of their past exploits have lived on in human legend. Although time and the interpretations of human minds distort these legends, demons are nevertheless able to tap into these atavistic memories through the appearance of their apocalyptic form. Your characters revelatory form is an iconic image in human myth, be it the visage of a dragon, a fire giant or a winsome siren. The difficulty of all Social rolls decreases by one when interacting with mortals in the apocalyptic form. Additionally the difficulty to resist the effects of Revelation increase by one.