From City of Hope
This is an unofficial, general guide to Wraith Lore. This may or may not be canon,
- You know of the existence of a World beyond this one, inhabited by Ghosts.
- You know that they are insubstantial in this World, and can never affect it.
- You know they have a society, much like our own, and long to return to this world.
- You have learned a little more of the dead.
- You know that not all Spirits return to the afterlife. Only those with great issues to deal with return, and then not always.
- You've probably spoken to one or more Ghosts by now.
- You know now that their Society is a strict order, called the Hierarchy, who govern all of their number with an iron grip.
- You know that they live in alternative versions of real world cities, in the land of the Dead.
- You have learned that the Shadowlands or lands of the Dead, represent the World of the Dead. All that has decayed and been destroyed here, that had great meaning in this world, reappears there.
- You know that Wraiths can be harmed by real world objects moving through their Ethereal bodies.
- You also know that they have formed themselves into Guilds, groups of Ghosts, or Wraiths who follow the same ideals.
- You also know of corrupted Wraiths called Spectres who make it their lives to attack and destroy other Wraiths.
- You have learned much more of the Dead by now.
- You know that the Hierarchy holds control only over few of the Wraiths, with many shunning control as Heretics or Renegades.
- You know Religious belief is a strong power within the lands of the Dead, and those of the same beliefs often flock together.
- You know that some Wraiths posses the power to alter things in this World, and even enter here for short periods of time.
- You know that there are many different types of Spectre who are born in a dark Maelstrom called The Tempest.
- You now know that Wraiths are bound to items or people within this World, that they call Fetters.
- You have gained much knowledge of the lands of the Dead by now.
- You know that Spectres are controlled by ancient evil's called Malfeans that exist only in the lands of the Dead.
- You know that the Hierarchy await the resurrection of Charon.
- You know that certain Vampires have the abilities to enter the lands of the Dead for short periods of time.
- You have discovered the names of at least 3 different Guilds, and have probably spoken to members of at least these Guilds.
- You know the Wraith central city is called Stygia and does not have a Real World counterpart.
- You know the Wraith's Fetters, are items or people important to them in their lives, and act as points of rest and recuperation to these Ghosts.