Zhalia shows signs of Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD)
Which is characterized by a pattern of excessive attention-seeking emotions, usually beginning in early adulthood, including inappropriately seductive behavior and an excessive need for approval.
Histrionic people are lively, dramatic, vivacious, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. This is a serious disorder and can often be characterized by the mnemonic, “Praise Me”.
- Provocative (or seductive) behavior
- Relationships are considered more intimate than they actually are
- Influenced easily by others or circumstances
- Speech (style) wants to impress; but lacks detail
- Emotional lability; shallowness
- Make-up; physical appearance is used to draw attention to self
- Exaggerated emotions; theatrical
Of Millon's six subtypes of HPD.
Zhalia mainly falls under a case of Theatrical histrionic.
- Which has the personality traits of being: Affected, mannered, put-on; postures are striking, eye-catching, graphic; markets self-appearance; is synthesized, stagy; simulates desirable/dramatic poses.
(((This derangement isn't a license to hog every scene, then write it off as roleplaying. Histrionics are -hypersensitive- to the opinions of others, and they are not oblivious to the glares of the crowd as they enact some slapstick melodrama. Histrionic cases are pathetic, and most people recognize them as such when they refuse to leave the stage. A histrionic might latch onto one person the entire evening and pester him/her for every ounce of attention. She might become sullen or leave in a huff if she believes that someone has upstaged her. If your Storyteller allows this derangement, roleplay it as the emotional disorder it is rather than an excuse to be obnoxious.)))
[ edit ]